- The hours of the clinical practicum in a hospital or nursing home setting
- Specific classroom training that focuses on the elderly, disabled persons or basic nursing skills
- Age restrictions and level of educational requirements
- The amount of hours worked as a CNA in a nursing facility prior to certification eligibility
- Classes that meet the approval of your individual state
- The types of participating learning institutions and skilled nursing facilities
This map provides important access to information about becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant in your state. Click on your state and find out what the requirements are to become a CNA.